RELAXING ACTIVITIES in CHAMONIX VALLEY
- Relax in the sun on our beautiful deck at the chalet, enjoying spectacular views and refreshing dips into our cool, outdoor tub.
- Ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car to 3,880m, where you'll experience spectacular close-up views of Europe's highest mountain, the Mont Blanc. Take the Helbronner gondola which crosses above the Mer de Glace into Italy, ending at the Courmayeur top station. A quick cable car ride down the other side takes you to the pretty resort of Courmayeur in Italy.
- Visit the Mer de Glace (France's largest glacier) on the charming red Montenvers Funicular. Here you can enjoy the ice grotto with beautiful ice carvings, the Crystal Gallery and Alpine Fauna Museum and lunch on the terrace of the historic Hotel Montenvers.
- Take the Mont Blanc tram which chugs up the mountain through stunning scenery up to the Les Houches ski/hiking area at 2,000m.
- Take a scenic train ride from Chamonix to the quaint Swiss town of Martigny with its shops, galleries and cathedral.
- Visit the beautiful town of Annecy which is an hour's drive away and boasts a large scenic lake surrounded by beaches (if you fancy some sun and a swim), a quaint old town centre with canals, not dissimilar to Venice and plenty of cultural attractions and shopping. Take a boat trip on the lake or savour fine French cuisine in one of the restaurants overlooking the lake.
- Visit the winelands of the Vallée d'Aosta, just through the Mont Blanc tunnel, where you can taste some of the best wines of the region and treat yourself to a fabulous lunch on one of the wine estates.
- Take a day trip to Geneva with its spectacular lake and numerous shops, galleries and museums.
- Spend the day in Chamonix - a charming and vibrant town full of quaint shops and restaurants.
- While you're in Chamonix, marvel at the history of climbing and Alpinism at the Alpine Museum, home to climbing in the French Alps.
- Visit our alpine beach at Lac Passy, just a 15-minute drive away. Lake Passy is a beautiful, clean lake surrounded by stunning mountain views, safe for swimming in and relaxing next to.
BACK TO TOP